Reports to: General Manager – Operations
Duty station: Fiesta Restaurant – Nairobi
Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the staff and resources of the restaurant for the efficient, well-prepared, and profitable service of food and beverages.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with Chef and other kitchen staff to plan menus that are flavorful and popular with customers. Also liaise with Chef for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies, estimate food and beverage costs, supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste. Perform frequent checks to ensure consistent high quality of preparation and service.
- Supervise operation of bar to maximize profitability, minimize legal liability, and conform to alcoholic beverage regulations.
- Liaise with other management staff to plan marketing, advertising and any special restaurant functions.
- Direct hiring, training, and scheduling of food service staff.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Review and monitor other financial personnel, expenditures to ensure that they conform to budget limitations. Work to improve performance.
Job specification of Restaurant Manager
- Bachelors Degree in hotel management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternate. At least 2 years work experience preferably in a busy restaurant or hotel.
- Good organizational skills for dealing with diverse duties and staff.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Self motivated and proactive with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and perform effectively under pressure.
- Pleasant, polite manner for dealing with public as well as staff.
Email Your Application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th June 2012