PR & Communication Manager
The Federation of Kenya Employers (FKE) is the national umbrella organization for employers in Kenya and its key mandate is to promote the interests of employers.
FKE seeks to ensure that national labour and social policy provides an environment favourable to enterprise sustainability and job creation. We are seeking to engage a dynamic and results driven professionals to fill the above position:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will develop programs and communication systems to enhance FKE’s visibility, improve brand presence and strategically position FKE as an opinion leader in the market.
S/he will also oversee all internal and external communication some of which include: Media relations, stakeholder relations, lobbying and advocacy, facilitation of workshop and focus groups, events management and coordination, corporate communication tools development, production of web content and management of social media platforms.
- Formulate, implement and manage an effective PR and communications strategy to promote the organization’s image and reputation.
- Manage and develop FKE’s communication objectives on a weekly basis to facilitate the Federations advocacy and lobbying strategies
- Manage FKE’s communication channels to facilitate effective stakeholder communication and engagement
- Maintain effective media relations, establish and maintain regular contacts with media representatives to promote and advocate for the organization’s goals/activities
- Strengthen partnerships and networks with the organization’s stakeholders, particularly government agencies, development partners, NGO’s and private sector organizations.
Education and Experience
- Relevant University degree in Communication or Public Relations
- A post graduate qualification in Public Relations or Mass Communication, those with relevant masters will have an added advantage.
- At least five years experience in a senior PR & Communications position in a busy environment, with hands on experience in research writing (policy briefs, news paper articles, fact sheets, industrial relations reports and newsletters)
- The ideal candidate has hands on experience to PR & Communications
An attractive and competitive remuneration package commensurate with one’s experience and qualifications will be offered to the successful candidates.
Interested and qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, current salary, expected remuneration, copies of certificates and testimonials and three references with a day time telephone contact and send to the following email address: Recruitment@fke-Kenya.org