(Based in Nairobi)
Job Ref: MN 5401
Our client, Forum Syd has 200 member organisations in Sweden and cooperates with organisations and networks worldwide. The common aim is global justice.
Together with member organisations Forum Syd strives to strengthen civil society via development cooperation, advocacy and creation / forming of opinion, as well as skills and methods development.
- Design and develop capacity assessment tools for use in assessing CSOs.
- Designing capacity building plans for CSOs staff and board based on the assessment on results.
- Organising training in regards to the work, both methodologically and thematically, to make the organisations stronger in their work on democracy and rights approaches.
- Monitoring and evaluation of Forum Syd’s capacity building initiatives to CSOs.
- In liaison with the project support unit for Africa at headquarters in Sweden, develop an evaluation framework to assess the achievements of project support work to this end.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework for the work of project support in coordination with the Headquarters.
- Facilitating contacts and cooperation with rights-based coalitions and networks for local and also Swedish partners.
- Masters degree in Development/Social Sciences or similar experience
- 5-10 years work experience in a similar field/development environment or a related field (i.e. democracy and rights, community development, poverty eradication, international affairs, disaster response, information management etc)
- 5-10 years experience in technical support to donor funded partners/CSOs
- Competence in training and facilitation on project management.
- 3-5 years experience in fund-raising (or proposal development), grants management and sub-granting.
- Job Ref No.
- Your Name
- Current / Past Salary
- Year 2012 Benefits: If house state market rent; if car state cc