I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations that has contributed greatly to HIV prevention efforts among the youth in Kenya today.
The organization has programs in over 100 institutions (University, tertiary institutions and high schools) across Kenya and reaches over 1 million youth annually with behavior change communication messages.
Ref: GO/HR/ 2012
We are seeking to recruite a Grants Officer who will be reporting to the Finance manager based in Nairobi.
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring seamless operations in support of ICL and its partner CSOs in achieving rigorous financial and grants reporting and management systems.
The Grants Officer will report to the finance manager and will also work with project Managers on budgetary and donor compliance requirements with regards to financial and grants related activities.
Key Responsibilities shall include;
- Oversight and coordination of the ICL’s grant portfolio;
- Manage, provide support to and build capacity of the grants unit staff and/or programme Team;
- Organize and facilitate grants review meetings and budget versus actual review meetings i.e. Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annual, Annually etc;
- Facilitate development and review of Grant Strategies-in line with ICL’s Strategic plan
- Monitor and facilitate compliance of programs with donor and ICL’s commitments and requirements and raise issues affecting external/internal compliance;
- Lead on Quality Grants proposal development coordination;
- Donor representation in coordination with the Management
- Support to management in strategic analysis for funding opportunities;
- Build grant management capacity of field staff with training in compliance, report writing, proposal development and other topics relevant to donor compliance;
- Review agreements and provide recommendations and concerns to the Management Team;
- Maintains Master files on Grant and Monitors paperwork connected with grant-funded programs/projects
- Be involved in budget forecasting, preparation, and tracking to ensure that the budgets are adhered to
- Bachelors degree in Finance/Accounting or other business related degree with over 5 years experience
- Be a qualified Accountant with CPA (K) or Finalist or ACCA graduate is mandatory.
- Training in project management is an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Attributes
- Knowledge of major donor regulations, procedures and requirements with demonstrated ability to exercise basic financial oversight of grant.
- Previous experience in project management is an added advantage
- Proven ability to facilitate the development of winning proposals to public and private sector donors;
- Excellent written English skills and familiarity with budgeting using MS Excel;
- Excellent computer skills and competency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines;
- Detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities and communication skills, both oral and written;
- Able to work well both within a team and independently, in a challenging and fast-moving multicultural environment
Application and contact details:
If you meet the requirements for this position, Please send your CV and cover letter quoting your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before 22nd June, 2012.
The subject line of your application should be ‘ Grants Officer’ only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
I Choose Life Africa is an equal opportunity employer.