Location: Nairobi – Kenya
About Bridge International Academies
Bridge International Academies is a for-profit startup company revolutionizing education across Africa with a unique business model.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Create design concepts and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles, visual impact and market knowledge.
- Develop concepts for building designs, signage, wall branding, OOH, print ads, flyers, posters, book designs, brochures, banners and other media that may be used to market the company
- Develop visual identity and brand/logo guidelines and guide brand development
- HTML. Social media, blog/wordpress and basic web design/development skills a plus
- Use computer software to generate new illustrations/artworks or improve the quality of existing ones.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble layouts and photography files to prepare them for production
- Full range of pre-production skills to follow projects through to completion
- Ability to work with photography, animation, video and illustration
- Review design for errors and suggest improvements as needed before final publication/printing.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Estimating the time required to complete the work given in order to meet deadlines.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts to the overall work given.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality design work.
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media (particularly design programs such as In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat pro and Corel Draw) as most graphic design work is now completed on a computer
- Name, save and archive designs and files in organized, systematized way
- Working as part of a team with strategy team, printers, , copyeditors, authors, , and other designers.
- Undergraduate degree (design preference)
- 4-5 years+ experience as a graphic designer in a branding or advertising agency
- Proven track record and portfolio of commercial work
- Proficiency in CS4; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat pro and Corel Draw
- Tech and digital media savvy
- Good organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent English writing and oral communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- A individual who takes initiative and is proactive
- An individual who works well with others and is a team player
- Our genetic code requires us to constantly seek excellence and act in a proactive manner, which means doing everything to reach project goals, deadlines and improvements vs. waiting to be told what to do.
- Exceptional communicators. We honor each other by listening, sharing information, helping find solutions, staying open to differences and re-aligning when needed.
- We are people we respect and like to be around at work and life.
- We LOVE marketing and seek ways to grow the business and reach more customers every day
- We love BIA’s mission and are here to help achieve a positive difference in the lives of all we touch – both our customers and our colleagues
- We are eager to be part of a team that’s always for each other with “skin in the game.”
- We are proactive advisors, bringing insights, staying curious and offering solutions that improve process and drive effective programs to meet goals
- We are insightful and have conceptual ability around the business, markets and the creative process
- We are goal- setters and goal-achievers. Pro-active about solutions, learning and receiving feedback with willingness to grow.
- Have a sound sense of financial accountability, fiscal responsibility and treat BIA money as cautiously as our own.
- We value giving back to others and do so whether it’s with our time, energy or treasure.
- Highest integrity – when others are looking or when alone. When we make promises, we keep them. if not, we make a new promise and keep that.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted