Our client, a leading bank in Rwanda aspires to be the leading provider of most innovative financial solutions in the region.
The bank has an excellent track record in banking Industry and has won several awards as the Best Bank in Rwanda.
They are looking for confident, highly motivated and self-driven individuals for their Rwanda office to fill the position of:
Head of Treasury and International Operations
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the jobholder will be responsible for providing leadership in the effective and profitable management of the Treasury function of the Bank.
The job holder will also be responsible for effectively managing trade service operations and international transfers and ensuring all activities are performed within prescribed standards.
- Building and effectively managing a treasury team and creating a strategy to build the treasury function
- Managing the bank’s investments to ensure optimum returns and to seek opportunities for generating profit; develop and implement strategies to meet the Bank’s funding requirements
- Managing the bank’s foreign exchange and interbank money market dealings to ensure profitable trading
- Overseeing management of the bank’s cash position to ensure appropriate funding to meet obligations; whilst minimising risks and maximising profits
- Analysing the market to identify suitable and profitable instruments to invest in
- Monitoring and managing foreign exchange risk, interest rate risk and liquidity risk
- Reviewing deal transactions executed by dealers to ensure they have been accurately captured in the system
- Identifying new customers and actively marketing the Bank’s treasury products to drive growth
- Ensuring trade services and foreign currency transfers are executed as per the Bank’s controls, policies and procedures and in compliance with internal and external rules and regulations
- Managing and maintaining effective relations with correspondent banks
- Ensuring operational efficiency by reviewing transactions to ensure that they are accurate and processed within the required time frame
- Ensuring reports and statutory statistics on documentary trade business volumes and income are prepared and submitted to management and the central bank in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Postgraduate degree in Business Management
- Minimum of 8 years experience in banking operations with at least 3-5 years in a treasury function in a senior capacity
- Experience in treasury sales coupled with expert knowledge of all treasury products
- Experience in managing a treasury team would be desirable along with a proven track record in building strategic relationships both with clients and internal stakeholders
- Sound management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through teamwork
- Exceptional networking skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to email@example.com by 15th June 2012 stating their current and expected remuneration, day time telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.