Higher Education Loans Board is a state corporation whose mandate is to source funds and provide loans, scholarships and bursaries to Kenyans studying in recognized institutions of higher learning.
As part of its succession planning programme the Board seeks to recruit a CEO with visionary leadership and proven governance credentials.
The Board therefore invites applications from qualified Kenyan citizens for the position of Chief Executive Officer.
Reporting to the Board, the Board Secretary/CEO, who is expected to meet the requirements of chapter six of the constitution, will:-
- Provide an innovative, visionary and strategic leadership in the financing of a dynamic and fast growing higher education sector;
- Provide strategic leadership and direction in the formulation, development and implementation of the Board’s strategic plan.
- Develop strategies that will enhance and promote HELB in effective service delivery to all its stakeholders;
- Ensure compliance with the constitutional and public financial statutory requirements;
- Ensure prudent management of all the resources of the Board;
- Drive initiative aimed at achieving medium and long term self sustainability;
- Lead and continuously nurture a team of highly motivated and talented human capital with high performance culture.
The individual will possess:-
- A minimum qualification of a Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business studies, Education or related area;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in senior leadership and management positions preferably in the education financing sub sector or related areas;
- Proven experience in leading a credit provision operation with a large customer base;
- Proven track record in change management and institutions turn around skills;
- A deep understanding of how to grow and sustain a revolving fund scheme;
- Proven track record in fund development;
- Deep understanding of the dynamics of the higher education sub sector in Kenya and the global arena;
- Knowledge and experience of financial/loan administration and familiarity with public sector financial management systems;
- Thorough knowledge of the performance contracting process and good performance management skills;
- Strategic thinker, with leadership, business acumen and analytical skills;
- Compliance with constitutional provisions – the candidate is expected to meet the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
The successful applicant will be appointed on a five (5) year contract and will be eligible for renewal once upon satisfactory performance.
Candidates should enclose up to date CVs giving among other things, details of day time contacts, names and contacts of three referees, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials so as to reach the Board Chairman on the contact below not later than 4th July, 2012
Higher Education Loans Board,
P.O. Box 69489-00400,
Or Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
‘HELB is an equal opportunity employer’