Join our team and contribute to our efforts of making higher education more accessible to Kenyans
Higher Education Loans Board is a state corporation whose mandate is to source funds and provide loans, scholarships and bursaries to Kenyans studying in recognized institutions of higher learning.
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Human Resources and Administration Manager at HELB.
HELB is looking for highly competent, passionate, dedicated and self-driven individual of high integrity who is able to demonstrate strong leadership skills to fill the following position:
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Reporting to the Chief Executive officer/Board Secretary, the Human Resources and Administration Manager will be the Head of Human Resources and Administration Department and will be responsible for driving the Human Resource strategy and ensuring operational efficiency and delivery of services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all recruitment matters, promotions, remuneration, staff training and development, staff welfare, industrial relation matters and performance management
- Ensuring proper design and maintenance of Human Resources Information Systems
- Managing the Human Resource function through effective teamwork
- Develop innovative remuneration and reward systems that drive appropriate employee behaviour and culture change.
- Ensuring professional career planning and succession management
- Overseeing management of administration services, namely office services, registry services, management of assets and other allied functions
- Provision and design of appropriate human resources management and administrative policies, procedures and processes to ensure that they are compliant with labour laws
- Ensuring high standards of discipline among staff and that disciplinary procedures are applied uniformly and fairly
- Ensuring proper implementation of staff retirement and pension schemes
- Implement appropriate staff assessment and evaluation practices as part of performance management.
- Planning, organization, administration and control of activities of Human Resource Department
- Implementation of Human Resources policies, rules and regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences from a recognized university
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management from a recognized university
- CPS(K) or its equivalent
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Must have at least seven (7) years working experience in Human Resource Management at a Senior Management level
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of labour laws
Candidates should enclose up to date CVs giving among other things, details of day time contacts, names and contacts of three referees, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials so as to reach the office of the Chief Executive Officer on the contact below not later than 4th July, 2012
Chief Executive Officer,
Higher Education Loans Board,
P.O. Box 69489-00400,
Or Email Address: email@example.com
‘HELB is an equal opportunity employer’