The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 23 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org
About the position
ICRAF seeks to recruit a candidate for the position of Scientist/Country Liaison Officer to establish strong partnerships with various institutions and development organizations in the Federal Republic of Ethiopia.
- Plan and execute a collaborative agroforestry research-for-development agenda in Ethiopia;
- Plan and implement an effective resource mobilization strategy aimed at supporting a significant expansion of the ICRAF-Ethiopia project portfolio;
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with government, donors, farmer organizations, NGOs, the private sector, education and research institutions (including other CGIAR centres) and international agencies with a view to institutionalizing land management and agroforestry research and development in the country;
- Liaise with other East & Central Africa regional and national programme scientists and Ethiopian institutions for technical exchange and collaboration;
- Analyze, interpret, and report research and development results to ICRAF, donors and other development partners. As a research for development institution, ICRAF places a lot of emphasis on generating international public goods. Thus it attaches great importance to reporting of findings and experiences through peer reviewed articles and similar media;
- Prepare technical and policy reviews on specific subject areas with emphasis on future land management and agroforestry research and development needs in Ethiopia;
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of training materials and participate in training courses as a resource person;
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and management of the regional plan of work and budget;
- Supervise, provide logistical support and report on all ICRAF activities in Ethiopia, including financial and administrative oversight.
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.
Applications will be considered until 30th June 2012 or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected.
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.