Position: Field Officer – Weather Risk Project
Deadline to apply: July 6, 2012
Start Date: End of July
Location: Bungoma, with flexibility to travel to other locations especially in Western Region
IPA’s Maize Storage Project is a study to evaluate the benefits of maize storage for farmers in Western province, using a randomized evaluation that is taking place in and around Bungoma.
We are currently seeking Field Officers (FO) to focus on the different areas of the project activities including but not limited to: collecting surveys, organizing data, and communicating with implementation partners at a local NGO.
The Field Officer will be based in Bungoma, and will require travel in the region .
He/she will work closely fellow Field Officers and Project Associate (PA).
The FO will spend approximately 90% of his/her time in the field and 10% of his/her time in the office.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Prompt arrival to work
- Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner
- Interact with community members with the highest level of integrity and understanding
- On non-field days, conscientious performance of office work, for instance translations, peer training/learning
- Assist in daily survey organization and storage
- Maintaining high standard of professional integrity in all activities
- Help in mentoring fellow staff and community members who are directly linked to an activity
- Successfully complete all tasks assigned by the management team
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection and transport
- Administer household questionnaires
- Networking with the different components of the project and reporting appropriately
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Well organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Experience with position responsibilities listed above
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma/certificate
- Computer literacy
- Fluent in Luhya
If you are interested in applying, please follow the instructions below:
To apply: Please send a cover letter and detailed CV, 3 references, daytime phone number(s), and email address. Your CV should include your scores or grades and other measures of academic achievement, and details about any relevant work experience.
Applications can be submitted to any of our branch offices,
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
or by post office using P.O Box 373, Busia area code 50400 Kenya.
If you submit by email, please ensure that the subject line reads: “FIELD OFFICER.”REF NO: WR-2012-06-01.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email for an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.