Community Relations Associate Job Description
Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa.
We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
We are launching our first clinics in Nairobi this year, and plan to expand to other locations in the region.
Jacaranda is seeking a Community Relations Associate to join our growing team.
This individual will support our Community Relations and Research Manager in specific projects, as well as in general administrative support.
The Associate will be responsible for gathering external information, developing relationships with external partners, and representing the CRR Manager in select interactions with external stakeholders.
We are looking for an intelligent, proactive, and flexible individual with experience in project management.
This person needs to be able to juggle and prioritize multiple responsibilities, handle sensitive situations, and communicate information effectively.
Ideally this person will have experience developing community partnerships, preferably related to health issues.
- Working with the CRR Manager to scout for new locations and options for partnerships
- Establishing wide relations with other partners within our locality
- Identifying influential people within the community to sensitize on JH services
- Liaising with the local authority to create good relationships
- Mobilizing resources for Focus Group Discussions and field surveys
- Assisting in conducting surveys and focus groups
- Supervising and ensuring quality data collection during surveys
- Following up on unpaid accounts through local chiefs
- Any other duties as assigned
- A minimum of Diploma in social work or community health / development from a recognized institution. A bachelor’s degree would be an advantage
- At least 2-3 years’ work experience in a role involving community mobilization, partnership development, and/or qualitative research. Experience in a health care setting would be an advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and empathy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google products
- Independent, self-starter capable of working well with a team, multi-tasking effectively and managing a variety of responsibilities typical in a start-up environment
- Able to uphold high ethical and professional standards and the highest level of honesty and confidentiality
- Dependable, responsible, reliable and attentive to detail
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge of and familiarity with communities in Eastlands and Northern Nairobi
- Passion for and commitment to Jacaranda Health’s mission
Interested candidates may apply by:
1. First, complete the online form available by clicking here Jacaranda Health Community Relations Associate Application Form or by pasting this link into your web browser: http://goo.gl/2bCH5.
2. After completing the application, please also submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Only applicants that have completed the online form as well as submitted their CV will be considered. No calls please.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received, we will be unable to confirm all submissions.
Preference will be given to applications submitted by June 18th, 2012.