Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa.
We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
We are launching our first clinics in Nairobi this year, and plan to expand to other locations in the region.
Jacaranda is seeking an experienced HR Manager. This person will play a critical role in establishing and maintaining the office infrastructure and processes for Jacaranda Health’s office in Nairobi and coordinating procedures related to HR, Finance, and Operations and ensuring that Jacaranda Health runs effectively and efficiently.
We are looking for an intelligent, proactive leader who can take on a wide variety of strategic projects (such as research and planning projects to support our business setup and growth) to contribute to the success of our new business.
Finally, we are looking for a seasoned HR expert who can help us build a new kind of health care organization where all of our employees are invested in innovation, continuous improvement and building the best experience possible for our patients.
- Develop and improve existing HR processes, policies and documents, including performance management processes, employment contracts, employee manuals, etc. in consultation with Jacaranda senior management
- Assist with new hires process; including advertising for new positions, reviewing applicant resumes/CVs, short listings candidates, conducting interviews, reference checking, and on boarding of new staff members
- Ensure the necessary documents for new employees (e.g., work permits, tax IDs, bank accounts, etc.) are obtained and maintained and that HR policies are applied consistently across new hires
- Create and maintain official staff Personnel Files and all documents and records related to office operations
- Make arrangements with local health insurance companies and benefits providers for staff and act as focal point with those vendors
- Act as liaison for staff performance evaluation program; assist staff with all matters pertaining to this evaluation
- Keep staff updated with latest policies and act as focal point for any questions/concerns any staff may have with regards to HR matters
- Manage staff payroll and staff leave requests
- Provide administrative support to Jacaranda management, including transportation, travel and coordinating meetings and special events
- Ensure smooth operations of Jacaranda’s offices, including managing office supplies, greeting guests for meetings, serving as a point of contact for repairs and deliveries, and other office related duties as required
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Degree in business management, human resources or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five or more years of experience including roles with substantial HR responsibilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google products
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Knowledge of local vendors and where to source products and services
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Knowledge of human resource processes and administration (including legal requirements)
- Exceptional skills and experience in HR strategy to create high performing teams
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Clear communication skills
- Professional interpersonal and intercultural relationship skills
- Independent, self-starter capable of working well with a team, multi-tasking effectively and managing a variety of responsibilities typical in a start-up environment
- Ability to gain working knowledge of Jacaranda Health’s policies, procedures, and practices
- Passion for and commitment to Jacaranda Health’s mission
Interested candidates may apply by:
1. First, complete the online form available by clicking here Jacaranda Health HR Manager Application Form or by pasting this link into your web browser: http://goo.gl/9YyUq.
2. After completing the application, please also submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants that have completed the online form as well as submitted their CV will be considered.
No calls please.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received, we will be unable to confirm all submissions.
Preference will be given to applications submitted by June 15th.