Operational Risk Manager
Job Ref: RISKO42012
Reporting to the Head of Operational Risk the manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of operational risk management systems to support the operational risk management tools.
- Develop and implement tools, for identification, assessment and monitoring of operational risks in line group operational risk management policy i.e. self-assessment (RCSA), loss data management (LDM), Key Risk Indicator and Control testing procedures.
- Day to day Operational risk management process through conducting risk workshops with business to identify, assess, manage, monitor and report risks on a continued basis.
- Ensure that implemented ORM systems are in line with KCB system development life cycle as per KCB Information Security policy.
- Evaluate ORM systems requirements and changes to support a robust automated ORM environment.
- Design flexible mapping between multiple data hierarchies for intelligent MIS reporting purposes for senior management reporting in consultation with operational risk managers.
- Design extraction and analysis of unified metadata architecture for easy restructuring of data from disparate systems using ETLs to make meaningful MIS data.
- Oversee development of business continuity plans for developed solutions in line with existing policy including system documentation (source codes) and data base design.
- Management and maintenance of operational risk management database and operational risk management portals.
For the above position, the successful applicants should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline. A Msc. in Information system will be an added advantage.
- Full understanding and command of SQL programming language and fourth generation language C sharp or VB.net programming language.
- Prior experience with database management especially oracle or SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Experience in Application Development and Web Development
- Three years working experience in object oriented programming. (preferably using .NET framework)
- A certification in Database management of application management.
- Good understanding of operational risk management in the context of Basel II framework and Group operational risk policies and procedures.
The above position is demanding for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com.
To be considered your application must be received by 14th July, 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.