Terms of Reference
- Review documents that informed the formation of TJRC;
- Review CJPC reports and data on TJRC, including analysing the observation questionnaires from the respondents on TJRC activities;
- Conduct Focused Group Discussions in sampled counties with different groups including women, men and children;
- The consultant will seek feedback from CJPC on various drafts and will present a final draft before; and
- Development of the final observation report
- Make a presentation at Validation meeting and at the Launch of the report
- Observation report on the TJRC activities by July 27th 2012.
- Substantive knowledge and experience of transitional justice in Kenya and in particular understand the mandate of TJRC;
- Ability to develop documentation in the area of transitional justice, human rights or any other related field; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Interested candidates are invited to submit a bid, before or on 27th June 2012 at 10.30 a.m. The application should include the following elements:
- Copy of recent CV
Kenya Episcopal Conference
P.O. Box 13475-00800
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
The Kenya Episcopal Conference-Catholic Justice and Peace Commission seeks to recruit a consultant to consolidate and develop an observation report on the Truth Justice and Reconciliation Commission activities.
The Catholic Justice and Peace Commission having interest in Transitional Justice in Kenya, has been observing the TJRC processes and activities since 2008 when the Parliament enacted the Act of Parliament that spelled out the TJRC mandate to date.
Terms of Reference
The purpose of the consultancy is to lead in compiling the observation report of the TJRC activities for use by CJPC and its partners for information on how to engage in the Transitional Justice Process, beyond the TJRC. The overall aim of recruiting a Consultant is to:
Establish if the TJRC fulfilled its mandate as spelled out in TJRC Act of 2008 by evaluating their activities;
Find out if the Commission met Kenyans’ expectations in reference to Agenda 4 of the National Accord, Recommendations by CIPEV (Waki) Report, Report of the Task Force on the Establishment of a Truth, Justice and Reconciliation Commission, and other recommendations that led to the establishment of TJRC.
To establish if the TJRC met the international standards of a truth commission
Duration of consultancy
The Contract between the Consultant and KEC-CJPC will be signed for a period of 1 month within which the consultant is expected to deliver a report both in hard and soft copies.
Activitieswww.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.