On behalf of the German Government KfW Entwicklungsbank (KfW) provides financial support for eligible development programmes and initiatives in Kenya.
KfW’s financial cooperation follows innovative approaches and provides finance and complementary technical support.
KfW maintains a close dialogue with the implementing partners and guides them throughout the entire programme period. Work is conducted in close coordination with KfW’s German partners, who together form the German Development Cooperation.
KfW finances substantial investment programmes and accompanying consulting services for the improvement of urban water and sanitation services.
The current focus is on secondary towns and urban low-income areas.
On behalf of the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, KfW is also actively engaged in the policy dialogue in the Kenyan water sector.
Program Officer-Water and Sanitation
The Program Officer, Water and Sanitation supports the KfW Program Manager based in Nairobi in the management of KfW’s water and sanitation portfolio in Kenya.
You will report to the Director of KfW/DEG Office in Nairobi and coordinate your work with the Program Manager and the sector team at KfW headquarters.
In particular, you will be expected to:
- Supervise and monitor ongoing KfW funded programmes including participating in related meetings and field visits, review of project related documents and reports and provide feedback as necessary
- Monitor major developments in the water and sanitation sector and ensure constant information exchange with KfW Program Manager and HQ.
- Contribute to the identification and preparation of new projects in the water and sanitation sector.
- Assist in the review of and summarize relevant sector reports from Kenyan institutions and other Development Partners such as Annual Sector Review and Budgets.
- Coordinate sector related issues with local partners and other stakeholders.
- Represent the KfW within sector working group, donor or other technical groups.
- Contribute to the preparation and organization of KfW missions to Kenya.
- Assist in the coordination of project-related activities with GIZ.
- Advanced degree in economics, water, engineering or related field relevant for operational work in the water and sanitation sector and 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in Kenya’s water and sanitation sector and knowledge of its institutions and key players.
- Knowledge of and experience with German financial assistance (in particular KfW procedures), development cooperation and related project preparation and supervision is an advantage.
- Experience with complex information management and documentation systems is an advantage.
- Excellent command of English is essential while German language capacity is an advantage
- Ability and willingness to travel within Kenya, EAC and to Germany.
Send your application including a cover letter demonstrating why you are the best suited candidate; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected remuneration, a daytime phone contact, valid email address, and the names and telephone contacts of three professional referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing date: Friday 6th July 2012