Koppert Biological Systems (K) Ltd. is a subsidiary of Koppert B.V. Netherlands -the international market leader in the field of natural/biological crop protection.
We are strengthening our position in the Kenyan market and hence seek to engage the services of a Commercial Manager.
Reporting to the general manager, the incumbent’s principle responsibilities will include:
- Deliver on-going commercial growth across our product portfolio.
- Develop and implement effective sales and marketing strategies by offering solutions to growers.
- Support the technical sales team to achieve sales targets while offering technical support on Koppert products to clients (growers).
- Undertake market research and intelligence on all issues pertaining to the industry.
- Engage, manage and motivate appropriate product distributors.
- Sales Administration – analysis of contact and sales data to optimize the activities of the technical sales team.
Required qualifications and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture or Agriculture from a recognized university.
- Additional post-graduate qualifications in Business (Masters degree or Post-graduate Diploma) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales and marketing of crop inputs (biologicals, agrochemicals, fertilizers, seeds, etc.), preferably to both professional growers (large scale farms) and to small-holder farmers through distributors.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and good networks in, the various Kenyan agricultural sectors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including formal presentations.
- Superior management, organisational and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, attention to detail, integrity and self-drive.
- An amiable team player, able to build and maintain strong relationships.
If you meet the above criteria, and are interested in taking up this new challenge, kindly email your application and Curriculum Vitae to the address below before 3rd July 2012.
Koppert Biological Systems (K) Ltd.
P.O. Box 41852 -00100