Dept. Machine Sales
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Position type: Permanent
To sell construction equipment, create sales opportunities within his assigned targeted list of customers and to meet company objectives and customer satisfaction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospects for new customers who might be interested in company products.
- Visits customers to present products and answers all technical and commercial enquiries, compiles information on customers’ pending, current and future needs/deals and report on them.
- Manage machines sales operational costs within the set budget
- Ensure a safe working environment by regularly auditing and enforcing health and safety standards for the department
- Ensuring good staffing levels, managing labour issues with assistance from HR dept as required
- Identifying training needs of departmental staff and ensuring training is done in conjunction with HR dept.
- Ensuring the target efficiencies levels are met and continuously improved.
- Development and introduction of new sales techniques.
- First line handling of grievances affecting employees, continually monitor and provide guidance where necessary
- Participates in quotation preparation, tender documents, if any, study and propose terms of payment as requested.
- Investigates market situation of competitive products, prices and commercial terms and reports in writing.
- Assists in solving any customers’ problems.
- Maintain adequate coverage on all Governmental Authorities – where sales leads could be obtained on awarded projects.
- Assists in the process of developing the local sales reps in the following areas:-
- ensures that the sales control system is properly functioning, enforced (e.g. – weekly plan, call reports, customer profiles, pending deals, competitive information, customer lists, pass and lost sales reports).
- develop both the technical and sales capability of the local sales reps.
- provides the “coaching” when needed for local sales reps in critical situations and/or upon closing a deal.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the immediate report/Territory Manager
- All levels of Management within the group.
- Senior contacts with all major customer groups, especially the construction sector
- Other department Mgt
- Thorough knowledge on sales, market trends and competition
- Understanding of technical operations
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent, mutually beneficial working relationships with customers, employees, other departments, to ensure continued commercial benefit for the company.
- Independent thinker with the highest level of integrity
- Be a strong team player with proven people management skills
- Proven administrative, leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to impart knowledge and skills to a multi-disciplinary team
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or in business related area or engineering
- Excellent Computer skills especially in Microsoft Excel and other MS office applications
- Diploma in Administration or Project Management training
- Six years progressively relevant experience gained working in an earthmoving equipment industry
Please log on to our website: www.kimberly-ryan.net to apply.