Marie Stopes Kenya (MSK)is a Local Non-Governmental Organization affiliated to Marie Stopes International.
MSK has provided affordable high quality innovative reproductive and sexual health care services to her clientele since 1986 through its nationwide network of static in reach centers and mobile outreach centaccessibility of SRH services to the hard to reach rural citizenry of the republic of Kenya.
MSK is seeking to recruit an experienced and qualified individual for the following position:
Director, Corporate Services
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will provide leadership, direction and supervision for MS Kenya programme support operations which include Human Resources, Administration, ICT, Procurement and Logistics.
1) The position provides leadership, direction and supervision for MS Kenya Program Support operations, inclusive of administration, information, communication and technology, and human resources. An important aspect of the responsibility is the direct management and oversight of human resource activities to promote performance. Specifically:
- Human Resources: Develop, supervise and monitor the implementation of Human Resource policies, procedures and systems per CO, legal and MSK policies and procedures to include modification of HR related manuals, employee relations, staff development, orientation, performance management activities and gender, equity and diversity.
- Administration and Procurement: Supervise and monitor all aspects of the MSK administrative and procurement activities based on MSK policies, procedures and donor requirements.
- Information Technology (IT): Supervise and monitor the MSK IT activities to ensure that appropriate technical support is available for software, hardware and communications to include technical analyses, Local Area Network (LAN), wireless, VOIP and information back-up systems.
2) Provide leadership as part of the Country Management Team. This position has the responsibility to manage program support resources, ensuring the proper authorization for and use of resources, and management of risk to reduce misuse or loss.
3) The position ensures that all MSK program support activities are implemented efficiently and cost-effectively, providing high quality services and information to the CO, regional and headquarters staff, donors and other stakeholders. The position requires the development of annual plans related to program support and the management of annual objectives to completion.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Equivalent, an MBA or Masters Degree in any of the fields will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 15 years experience, 5 of which must be in a senior position with a large NGO, managing at least 2 of the key functional areas.
- A broad understanding of Human Resources, ICT, Administration and Procurement / Logistics is a must.
- People management especially an understanding of emotional intelligence and how teams work are critical, and proven management skills including planning, directing, coordinating, coaching and mentoring a must. International exposure / experience will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Office suite computer applications and its applications is a must.
Applications with detailed CVs with contact details of 3 referees should be submitted to People and Development Dept:
Marie Stopes International Kenya
On or before 22nd June 2012
Due to the urgency of the requirement to fill this position applications will be reviewed as they come