Data Officer – Eldoret Office
Reports Directly To: M&E Specialist
Works Directly With: Program Coordinators, Program Officers, Youth Development Coordinators, Logistics, Finance and Procurement
- The DO will assist in the revision and improvement of M&E data collection tools to ensure accuracy in data collection
- Lead data collection and entry together with LEAP, YYC and WU field teams
- Ensure that program data from field sites has been verified and entered in the respective programmatic databases in a timely manner, correctly and accurately ready for analysis and Reports generation.
- Assist in data cleaning, aggregation and basic data analysis as directed by the M&E Specialist
- Together with the M&E specialist develop data or research ownership and protocol documents for both internal and external project teams.
- Maintaining all programs data base for information extraction when required
- Other duties as may be assigned by the M&E Specialist
- A bachelor’s degree in Statistics with IT, Management information systems, Agriculture Economics, Economics or other related social sciences.
- At least 2 – 3 years experience in large and multiple data set management
- Strong computer skills: on Ms Office applications especially Ms Word, Ms Excel and Ms Access.
- Basic knowledge of data entry and analysis packages: SPSS, Epi Info etc
- Able to explore, describe and clearly present both quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong knowledge of data base development and data flow management
- Must demonstrate interest in quantitative and qualitative research data handling
- Experience conducting interviews and FGDs
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Strong inter-personal, cultural and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and team-building techniques
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrated strong understanding of cultural and social environment in the Rift Valley
- Willing to work with the youth and travel in remote areas of Rift Valley
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people driven by Mercy Corps vision
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with other project personnel
- Attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Willing to work under pressure
- Proactive, creative, problem-solver
Applicants must clearly indicate on the email subject; “Application for the position of “Data Officer”.