Ministry Of Information and Communications
Vacant Position at the National Communication Secretariat
The National Communication Secretariat, created under Section 84 of the Communications Act 1998, is the policy advisory body to the Government on matters relationg to information and communication policy.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyans for the following vacant positions in the Secretariat:
Job Group: NCS 1
The Communications Secretary will be responsible to the Board of the National Communications Secretariat (NCS) for overall management of the NCS.
- Preparing country position papers in the info-communications sector;
- Representing the Government in international conferences and meetings on info-communications policy;
- Organizing communications stakeholder workshops and seminars in the country;
- Managing a small inter-disciplinary group of experts in info-communications technologies and policies; and
- Planning and budgeting for the National Communications Secretariat;
- Secretary to the National Communications Secretariat Board.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:-
- be a holder of a Degree in Electronic Engineering/Information Systems/Computer Science or any other relevant equivalent qualification, majoring in information and communications technologies from a recognized university;
- have at least a Masters Degree in any of the above disciplines from a recognized university;
- have ten (10) years experience in a telecommunications organization such as an operator or regulator;
- be conversant with Telecommunication Policy formulation and analysis;
- have excellent oral and written communication skills in English; and
- be well versed in end user computing and internet skills;
- be conversant with Kenya Consititution 2010 and Vision 2030.
- Those who had applied for Chief Technology Expert position in July, 2011 are encouraged to re-apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in writing/telephone.
Applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae inclusive of three Referees, copies of academic and professional certificates, should be addressed to the address below to reach us not later than 2nd July, 2012.
Ministry of Information and Communications
Telposta Towers, 9th Floor
P. O. Box 30025 – 00100
Tel: 020 4920000