Senior Recruitment Specialist, Program Support for USAID/Kenya, Kenya
Closing date: 20 Aug 2012
Management Systems International
Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. MSI is part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm.
Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide.
It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries, including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia.
Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The project objectives are geared to support and strengthen the current USAID/Kenya strategy in meeting day to day information needs in order to make informed program management decisions, as well as to provide substantive support with qualitative, quantitative, and analytical information to assist in continually assessing and evaluating the Mission’s development hypothesis.
It shall also assist the Mission with its public education goals by providing qualitative and anecdotal evidence on the effects of projects on the lives of individual beneficiaries.
The Recruitment Specialist will create and/or maintain an extensive database of qualified experts (both international and local) that can be mined for task orders.
- Establish protocols with a variety of advertising mechanisms so that solicitations can be quickly placed as needs arise;
- Efficiently and effectively manage the personnel screening and selection processes;
- Work closely with field-based recruitment staff to ensure effective parallel recruitment processes and relationships are built in Kenya for local STTA.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in staff recruitment, preferably in the international development field;
- A Bachelor’s degree in international studies or related field;
- Prior experience recruiting for USAID funded international development projects and proposals required;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet and work well under deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability using applicant tracking systems; Taleo preferred;
- Strong writing skills;
- English fluency required; other language abilities helpful.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our website: www.msiworldwide.com/careers.