Social Media Editor
This is an exciting new position that will blaze a trail for new journalism at Nation Media Group.
- Track comments about NMG’s journalism on blogs, websites, and social media, for trends, ideas and issues of importance, and to translate these into stories and draw insights to guide editors;
- Set up and coordinate NMG journalism on social media. This will involve a combination of content drawn from newspapers, websites, and require a promotion of stories that pose questions/debate, teaser for blogs, videos, photos;
- Drive user engagement including responding to public comments if necessary, in consultation with the Managing Editors and the Editorial Director;
- Create internal social media awareness within the newsrooms;
- To lead a team social media moderators in securing and sustaining a credible voice for NMG’s social media accounts. This includes corrections and clarifications to any NMG stories that are in dispute are issued in a timely fashion online.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and self- motivated individual in the capacity of Programmes Controller for Easy FM.
- Managing and directing the station on- air staffing towards the desired goals and targets;
- Continual review and refreshing of programming output to attract, retain and grow audiences;
- Monitoring and evaluating the quality of the station and ensuring that programming complies with the laws, regulations and industry codes
- governing Radio broadcasting;
- Analysis of research data from internal and external sources to improve programming ratings;
- Review and planning of programming with presenters;
- Liaison with the sales teams on product/brand preposition to clients and sponsors;
- Creating program clocks and ensuring programming elements are in place;
- Approving and review of playlists and briefing presenters on any promotions to run on air.
- University Degree in mass communications or equivalent;
- 5 years working experience of commercial radio industry with programmes making experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated track record;
- Ability to mentor, develop and provide leadership to a dynamic team of creative talent;
- Good understanding of the commercial side of the business;
- The capacity to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of the Radio market and audience demographics.