The Finance Coordinator will make sure the finance department in Dadaab functions efficiently in all areas of financial budgeting, expenditure, accounting, monitoring and reporting.
Reference no.: 1449481622
- Ensure financial management systems and procedures are in place and that NRC’s and donors’ accounting practices and standards are adhered to
- Ensure financial management policies, systems and procedures are in place and that NRC’s and donors’ accounting practices and standards are adhered to
- Assist the Area Manager preparing budgets and cash forecasts, and in maintaining overall budget control through proper monitoring of cash flows and expenditures
- Oversee all financial requests made by the projects, and ensure that NRC’s external financial obligations are met
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all NRC financial/accounting files and transaction records
- Monitor and disburse program budgets as per approved expenditures and budget lines
- Provide up-to-date analysis and regular reports of the Area’s financial status
- Support Project Managers in proposals development and their budgets preparation
- Prepare and submit periodic financial reports as appropriate
- Assign duties, supervise, train and appraise finance staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strict attention to policy and practice detail
- Very strong financial analysis skills ,high integrity
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
- Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPAK)
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in large organizations
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a similar role within a non-governmental organization (NGO), donor or multilateral agency.
Commencement: As soon as possible