Position: Project Manager
Platform: Pact – KCSSP SAFE Coast Project
Supervised By: KCSSP Deputy Chief of Party
Supervises: The Project Manager will supervise, the MERL/Project Officer, Logistics/procurement and Admin Officer
Period: 10 months with possibility of extension
Location: Mombasa with frequent and Extended travel within the coastal region
Work Schedule: Fulltime: Pact (Kenya country office) regular work hours
Benefits: In accordance with country office policies
Reporting to the KCSSP Deputy Chief of Party, the Project Manager shall be responsible for the implementation and administration of the SAFE Coast project at the coast of Kenya.
The jobholder will lead in the preparation of work plans, budgets and technical reports as well as collaboration in the monitoring and evaluation of the program in addition to directly overseeing all on-the-ground implementation activities.
In addition the project manager shall oversees the day to day management of the project, its staff, as well as be responsible in ensuring that property related to the project is handled with utmost caution as per the Pact
He/She will be Pact’s local representative working with communities, the 10 CSO partners, Peace Committees and local government agencies local administration and any other stakeholders that are part of or involved with the SAFE project.
This is a Mombasa based position with frequent and extended travel within the coastal region.
Description of Duties
- Provide leadership, coordination, and management of the Project Implementation Plan
- Ensure implantation in line with budget and project document
- Provide monthly financial forecasts and review expenditure and reports for both direct costs and partners
- Review grant implementation as per calendar to ensure implementation is as per schedule
- Manages and supervises the work of the Project team, and logistics and procurement officer and driver working on this project.
- Ensure donor regulations are respected and all donor and Pact policies and procedures are respected.
- Liaise on a regular basis with the KCSSP team to ensure the coordination of Safe Coast activities within the larger project.
- Liaises with the rest of the KCSSP and Pact projects in building synergy and sharing of lessons learned.
- Ensure regular coordination and communication with partners.
- Ensure partners are coordinating amongst themselves and sharing lessons
- Liaison, Communication and representation
- Coordinates all external meetings related to the project
- Represents Pact at meetings within the area of operation, the wider network and beyond as directed
- Support in improving networking contacts with external parties through meetings and disseminating timely information
- Strengthen partners’ relations based on respect among equals and geared towards empowering the community.
- Develops and oversees communication and strategies to reach multiple stakeholder groups as per the media component of the project
Monitoring and evaluation
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual reports and reports required
- Oversee the monitoring of the story telling component of the monitoring
- Ensure timely reporting on key issues and trends at the coast as they arise this will include notes from meetings, updates on trends in political situation
- Ensure partners and colleagues are collecting stories and photos of activities to better communicate Interaction with Key Pact and ACT! staff
The Project coordinator will be managed Deputy Chief of Party.
He/she will interact on a day to day basis and work very closely with:
- Program Manager, Peace building and Conflict Management.
- The KCSSP Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party
- The Pact Senior Program Officer
- The Pact Program Officer
- Communications Officer
- The Grants Managers
He /she will also work with all KCSSP peace building program officers including the Democracy and Governance and Monitoring Evaluation Results and Learning teams
Skills and Qualifications
The minimum requirements:
- A degree in Social Sciences. A Master’s degree in related field an added advantage
- Post graduate diploma in Project Management an added advantage
- 8-10 years experience in planning and or management of program areas, program management in an NGO– experience in Peace building and Governance setting an added advantage
- Experience managing a USAID funded project/ program
- Experience in community based resource management, peace building and governance
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Swahili
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and lead the efforts of other professionals too effectively meet program needs.
- Ability to work effectively with governmental and non-governmental organizations and local communities in carrying out Program objectives
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of peace and development projects in the coastal region
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency French and/or Kiswahili preferred
Deadline for submission is Wednesday 6th June 2012.
Work experience within the coastal region will be an added advantage.
When submitting please indicate clearly in the subject field the position you are interested in.
Due to the urgency of filling up this position, applications for this position shall be reviewed as they
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit an application to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Work experience within the Coastal region will be
an added advantage. The deadline of submission: 6th June 2012
Disclaimer: This job description summarizes the responsibilities assigned to the position; however it does not contain an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Periodically, employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor and/or Pact, Inc. Kenya. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment at Pact, Inc. Kenya is a voluntary “at will” relationship. This job description may change from time to time.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||