Procurement Assistant, APHIAplus Western Kenya Project
Tracking Code 5155
The successful candidate must have legal authority to work and reside in Kenya.
PATH is an international nonprofit organization that creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions, enabling communities worldwide to break longstanding cycles of poor health.
PATH’s mission is to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors. USAID awarded a comprehensive health service delivery project to PATH to improve the health of Kenyans in the western region of the country.
The project, APHIAplus Western Kenya, builds upon USAID/Kenya’s country-wide health service support project known as the AIDS, Population and Health Integrated Assistance II (APHIA II).
PATH and its partners are implementing the APHIAplus project in Western and Nyanza Provinces from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2015. It is working w closely with the Government of Kenya and a wide variety of non-government agencies to strengthen health care services throughout the two provinces.
In addition to addressing specific diseases, the APHIAplus Western Kenya project works to strengthen the region’s health care system by rehabilitating health facilities, training staff, and supporting supply and communication networks.
PATH seeks to recruit a Procurement Assistant for the APHIAplus Western Kenya project who will be responsible for procuring, monitoring and maintaining general supplies and updating/maintaining the vendor database in the electronic system.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Evaluate quotation and bids through bids analyses
- Maintain and keep all procurement records while ensuring high level of confidentiality
- Ensure proper maintenance and servicing of office equipment
- Dispatch bids documents to the potential suppliers and monitoring timely response of the opening dates
- Receive and submit invoices to finance for payments
- Issue contracts and purchase orders in line with award decisions
- Expedite deliveries and ensure timely receipt of goods or performance of services
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Computing skills in Microsoft Office
- Self motivated, disciplined, organized and reliable with ability to work under pressure
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies plus a minimum of three years of project procurement experience are required.
- Professional qualification from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (level four or above) and relevant experience working on USAID funded projects are preferred.
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
The deadline is 22 June 2012 and application is online at www.path.org