Regional Youth Employability and Governance Specialist
Re- advertisement REF: RESA 005
Region of Eastern and Southern Africa, Based in Nairobi or home country within Eastern and Southern Africa, Fixed term 2 year national contract
Plan seeks to recruit for a Regional Youth Employability and Governance Specialist.
In this role you shall provide leadership and technical oversight in supporting country programs in the region to implement resource and advocate for various youth initiatives.
You will provide guidance in the development and / or scaling up of appropriate youth program models.
Establishing linkages of country youth initiatives to the Plan global youth strategies by designing a regional youth framework to steer the working of countries and a diverse set of constituencies.
- You shall engage with Regional / Pan African Youth Institutions in identifying opportunities for Regional engagement, Advocacy and Capacity building initiatives.
- You shall mobilize several constituencies in the popularization, implementation and monitoring of the African Youth Charter and all resolutions impacting on Youth.
- As a champion you will actively sustain a vibrant youth network for engagement on pertinent youth issues.
- You shall represent RESA in Regional and Global Forums focusing on Youth matters.
- You will need a relevant academic background, preferably a degree plus at least 5 years work.
- You must have experience in engagement with Private sector, Government, CSO and their communities on development, youth and governance related matters.
- Proven experience in developing and influencing strategy at national and global level is a must.
- A suitable candidate will also be expected to support country programmes across all stages of their programme cycle management.
- Communication and coordination skills are essential.
- You will have an added advantage if you have worked previously in a position with a regional scope, diverse teams and child centred development organization.
How to apply:
Please submit a full CV and two names of referees with a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post, outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to email@example.com quoting the relevant reference number.
This position will close on June 29th 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Reference and background checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy.
Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Those who applied for this position when it was originally advertised should not apply.