UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. VA-021/2012
Post Title: Programme Officer (Compliance)
Post Grade: NOB
Duty Station: Nairobi Date of issue: 18.06.2012
Contract type: SC Closing date: 01.07.2012
Position No: 22056676
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan nationals only.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Compliance Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist the Senior Compliance Officer in identifying risk areas, creating a viable control environment and supporting the enhancement of internal controls;
- Identify areas where corporate regulations and procedures are inefficient or ineffective within the context of Country Office operational environment;
- Follow up on submission of compliance reports from the concerned and compile Country Office weekly/monthly compliance reports
- Assist the Senior Compliance Officer in reviewing existing Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs) and to propose amendments to reflect the current operational environment;
- Maintain an updated database of Standard Operating Procedures;
- Liaise with units concerned on responding to audit queries and follow up with the respective units on implementation of audit recommendations;
- Travel extensively to the field; visit area offices, warehouses and where possible Food Distribution Points (FDP’s) to monitor compliance to WFP rules/regulations, policies/procedures by all concerned. Guide staff on proper application of WFP policies/procedures thus ensuring compliance;
- Prepare mission reports on the field visits with details of findings and actions taken;
- Participate in developing/organising training programmes for staff to ensure compliance with WFP policies, rules/regulations and procedures by all concerned;
- Perform any other operational duties as required.
Education: University degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Audit/Accounting
Experience: At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in audit, investigation, business administration, or related field. Hands-on experience in UN or NGO audit/financial environment and intermediate knowledge of working in SAP environment is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English language.
Knowledge: Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc to be sent by e-mail to Somalia.Hr@wfp.org
Quote the Vacancy Announcement number, job title and location of preference;
Hand delivered applications will no longer be accepted;
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.