Job Tasks (Duties)
2. Assures that effective orientation and training for new staff and professional development activities for experienced staff are planned and implemented.
3. Inspects to ensure that all safety, sanitation, energy management, preventive maintenance and other standards are consistently met
4. Assures that all standard operating procedures for revenue and cost control are in place and consistently utilized
5. Helps plan and approves external and internal marketing and sales promotion activities.
6. Helps plan and approve the organizational chart, staffing and scheduling procedures and job description/specifications for all department staff
7. Approves the menus proposed by the Executive Chef for all outlets and special events
8. Establishes quantity and quality output standards for personnel in all positions within the department
9. Researches new products and develops an analysis of the cost/profit benefits
10. Develops and implements policies and procedures for all departments
11. Monitors purchasing and receiving procedures for products and supplies to ensure proper quantity, quality and price for all purchases
12. Reviews new techniques for food preparation and presentation in a manner and variety to maximize member and guest satisfaction and to minimize food costs
13. Greets guests and oversees actual service on a routine, random basis
14. Helps develop wine lists and bottle/glass wine sales promotion programs
15. Develops on-going professional development and training programs for food production, service and bar production/service personnel
16. Addresses member and guest complaints and advises the General Manager about appropriate corrective actions taken
17. Develops interesting ways of promoting restaurant functions in the dining room, lounge and other outlets
18. Assists in planning and implementing procedures for special club events and banquet functions
19. Maintains appearance, upkeep and cleanliness of all equipment and facilities
20. Monitors employee dress codes according to policies and procedures
21. Manages physical inventory verification and provides updated information to the accounting department
22. Responsible for the proper accounting and reconciliation of the Point of Sale systems and member revenues
24. Ensures that an accurate reservation system is in place
- Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education is an added advantage
- Relevant degree specializing in hotel, hospitality management -area of focus; food service management, customer care, hotel maintenance
- 5 years prior professional experience in restaurant management desired.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of labor laws, health codes, safe food handling and sanitation, safety and security
- Systems and procedures, computer operations.
- Good people management skills, communication and listening skills. Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to balance customer and business priorities.