Ref: TECHNOLOGY_PEUS__JUNE _2012
Reporting to the Head of IS Operations, the position holder will be responsible for managing the organization’s end user devices and applications which includes over 5000 End User devices used by 4000 Users (Permanent and contract), about 38 retail stores, 15 mini-stores, with an average of 10 applications on every PC.
- Manage the End User devices (Laptops, Desktops, Personal devices);
- Manage End User applications support (Software and Operating systems);
- Forecast the demand and plan technology refresh with the least TCO.
- Roll-out Retail stores as per the plan from the business;
- Train and assist users on new software that is being rolled out;
- Manage a section of 10 skilled and self-motivated staff;
- Provide weekly reports on the progress of various initiatives with-in the section;
- Ensure user satisfaction in the use of end user devices and associated applications;
- Manage the outsource contract for the printing and imaging devices;
- Quarterly preventive maintenance for Retail stores and Mini-stores;
- Liaise with the rest of technology of the user software roadmap;
- Ensure compliance of software installed on all PCs and Laptops.
- Bsc. Computer Science or a related science field;
- Minimum 4 years hands–on experience in end user support in a busy IT environment;
- Project Management experience;
- Microsoft certification;
- Related professional and academic designation;
- Self motivated, good judgment with the ability to make decisions under pressure;
- Good commercial awareness;
- Ability to build relationships and influence outcomes ;
- Team player, ability to lead and mange own staff , as well as multifunctional teams;
- Ability to manage several projects and move all forward.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to