The School of Finance and Banking seeks a highly qualified individual to be the initial Department Chair (Head of Department) of the new Department of Banking, which is soon to be formed out of parts of the current Departments of Finance, Marketing and Human Resource Management.
SFB is the premier university in Rwanda for the study and research of issues affecting banking and financial services.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified who is willing to accept the terms of employment offered.
Applicants must, at a minimum, surpass all the following levels of experience, certification and qualification.
Please do not apply unless you are better qualified than what the following list depicts:
- 7 years of experience in commercial banking
- Level of CFO attained in a commercial bank
- Exposure to the insurance industry
- Postgraduate degree in business, finance, management or equivalent field from an internationally accredited program
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field (finance, economics, accounting, etc..) Internationally recognized university
- Certification as Associate from the South African Institute of Bankers or equivalent
- Short-courses in project management and leasing
- Certification in public sector accounting given by IPSAS (Geneva) or equivalent body
- Expertise analyzing financial statements
- Postgraduate diploma in Development Economics
- Certificate in Banking (Kenya Institute of Bankers, Uganda Institute of Bankers or equivalent)
- Experience with CODA accounting software or equivalent
Candidates surpassing the criteria listed are invited to apply, sending their cover letters and curricula vitae (nothing more) in digital form only, to the Rector of the School of Finance and Banking by 15 June 2012, 17:00 P.M local time.
Appropriate candidates will be invited for face-to-face interviews (or phone interviews if this is not possible) during the week of 2 July 2012.
Professor Reid E. Vhit1ock
School of Finance & Banking