We are in the process of diversifying and transforming our operations to meet the ever changing customer requirements by producing ethernal and co-generation.
In this regard we seek to enhance our human capital base by filling the following strategic positions with vibrant and competent Kenyan Citizens:-
1. Brand Manager
Reporting to Head of Marketing and Business Development, the Brand Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and managing brands with the aim of maximizing brand profitability
- Preparing and implementing the annual brand plan
- Generating brand targets i.e. price, budgets, profit, market share and sales in liaison with the Head of Marketing & Business Development
- Developing and implementing brand campaigns i.e. advertising, promotions, and public relations
- Monitoring brand performance and initiating corrective action as may be required
- Co-coordinating the ordering process for promotional materials in liaison with procurement and ensuring prompt availability of materials and correct placement Initiate and carry out brand research
- Generating merchandising standards for point of sale materials and monitoring placement of these materials
- Monitoring brand packaging and initiating packaging updates
- Providing support in new product development initiatives
- Ensuring brand marketing spend as per budget
- University graduate, Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing Option)
- Professional qualification in Marketing
- Must have minimum 3 years’ experience in marketing
- Must have experience in advertising agency liaison and development of advertising campaigns
- Experience in Brand Management will be an added advantage
- Experience in new product development
- Good communication, customer care and presentation skills
- Excellent Report Writing and Presentation Skills
- Creativity and numeracy skills
- Computer literate
- Age, 30 years and above.
- Self-starter, team worker and lateral thinker
2. Mechanical Engineering Manager
Reporting to Head of Manufacturing, the Mechanical Engineering Manager will be responsible for:
- Enabling production targets to be met by eliminating avoidable factory stops attributable to mechanical failures.
- Planning and implementing preventive maintenance systems in the Factory plant.
- Preparing operational specifications and controlling engineering Projects.
- Operating the division within the approved budget of all resources, man, money, material and time.
- Preparing timely, divisional monthly reports.
- Enforcing safety policy in the factory.
- Organizing plant inspection scheme with a view to minimizing downtime.
- Planning and co-coordinating Effective Annual Plant and weekly maintenance.
- Improving the performance standards of all employees in the division by organizing and implementing training seminars, coaching etc.
- Maintains high level of discipline within the division.
- Providing strategic input in the area of Mechanical Engineering in Manufacturing
- A holder of Bachelors’ Degree in any of the following;-Mechanical Engineering, from a recognised institution with eight (8) years’ relevant work experience in a similar environment.
- Post graduate qualification in any of the following;- project management, strategic management, maintenance and condition monitoring, environmental management or any other related field from a recognised institution
- Registered with a professional body.
- Attended a senior management course for a period lasting not less than 4 weeks
- Performance and results.
- Computer proficiency
- Aged at least 30 years and above
If you believe that you demonstrate abilities to meet the criteria of the above positions, please submit your applications with copies of your certificates and other testimonials with a well detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) immediately but not later than July 20, 2012 to:
South Nyanza Sugar Company Limited
P.O. Box 107 – 40405
Sare – Awendo