Our client is a medium sized stock brokerage licensed by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) in Kenya and is a member of the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
They offer personalized brokerage services to their clients through a pioneering brokerage approach to service delivery while leveraging on innovative use of technology and extensive research.
The firm has been ISO 9001: 2008 Certified since January 2010.
Our client now seeks to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer.
The Role – Chief Executive Officer
The firm seeks a dynamic individual with the requisite investment experience, exposure in people development and the strategic ability to catapult the firm to the next level of growth.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the overall management of all aspects of the organization from operations to business development.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director and Board of Directors, the CEO will oversee all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to running the brokerage.
- Collaborate with the board to define and articulate the organization’s vision and to develop strategies for achieving that vision
- Create annual operating plans that support strategic direction set by the board and correlate with annual operating budgets; submits annual plans to the board for approval
- Develops and monitors strategies for ensuring the long-term financial viability of the organization
- Develop future leadership within the organization
- Oversee the operations of organization and manage its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Create and maintain procedures for implementing plans approved by the board of directors
- Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity
- Offer direction and leadership to human resource management according to authorized HR policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
- Evaluate the organization’s and the staff’s performance on a regular basis
- Ensure that the Board of Directors has sufficient and up-to-date information.
3. Financial management
- Oversee staff in developing annual budgets that support operating plans and submit budgets for board approval
- Prudently manage the organization’s resources within budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
- Ensures that staff practices all appropriate accounting procedures in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- A self starter who shows initiative, high levels of energy, drive, creativity and innovation.
- Ability to drive projects to completion, follow through is key.
- Decisive decision making & negotiation skills, keen attention to detail, proven track record of steady progress within financial services management.
- Demonstrate high level of leadership and managerial skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate a vision for organizational success that motivates others.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to establish effective relationships with other senior executives and encourage team work.
- Masters in Business Administration degree with a major in economics, finance or mathematics.
- CFA, CPA(K) or ACCA
- Relevant work experience of at least seven (7) years in Management, five (5) of which must be at a senior managerial level in a reputable Financial Services organization with demonstrated high degree of professional competence;
- Excellent business awareness within the financial services industry. Prior experience in the Investment Banking, Retail Marketing, Corporate Finance, Treasury & Bond Trading desirable;
- Organised, numerate, analytical with at least three years hands on experience using reputable financial management software;
- Very familiar with Capital Markets Authority regulations;
- Ability to prioritise and delegate on a wide range of deliverables at once;
- Demonstrated administrative capability required for formulation of policies, good interpersonal relations, high leadership qualities and integrity.
How to Apply:
If you are qualified, up to the challenge and can deliver please apply via our Careers page on www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php
Deadline for application is Friday 22nd June, 2012.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.