Our client in the FMCG industry is looking to fill the role below:
Job title: Supply Chain Controller
Reports to: Finance Manager/Supply Chain Manager
Principal Accountabilities / Main Functions
Business Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Collating relevant input for supply chain planning and forecasting (export distributor sales out/stock holding assumptions; working capital assumptions; cash budgets and forecasts etc)
- Integrated Planning Process: Agree assumptions on cost components evolution, generate cost forecast
- Providing technical support to end users by hands-on amendment of FI and CO configurations and customizing
- Financial accounting/controlling
- Look for and quantify potential and real savings, make recommendations.
- Coach process owners to help them understand / identify cost drivers, identify and quantify risks
- Annual Business Planning for Supply chain in liaison with production and logistics team to develop forecast volumes
- Preparation of monthly export distributor and working capital reports for local management;
- Support management : create visibility around costs: analyse and investigate trends for costs, versus comparative data,
- Submission of detailed supply chain management information to the corporate centre abroad via a central information system(SCALE), ensuring that accurate and complete information is submitted within the timelines set by the corporate centre;
- Implementation of activity based costing allocation model,
- Submission of routine cash and currency management reports to corporate treasury via a central information system (TIS), ensuring that accurate and complete information is submitted within the timelines set by the corporate centre
Distributor and Supply Chain Controlling
- Routine monitoring, analysis and evaluation of actual distributor sales/stock performance and local supply chain performance (planning, logistics, customer service and working capital)
- Annual evaluation of product cost development (ICPs and Import costs); Regular evaluation of manufactured cost of goods.
- Understands the production process.
- Monitor variances and identify root-causes and make recommendations
- Period end closing of COGS and Inventory accounting
- Highlighting of significant deviations from logistics and production plan and/or forecast to the line management;
- Inventory management through management of stock take exercises. Preparation of Inventory KPI’s-Days Holding, ABC Analysis.
- Financial accounting, reporting – ABC, COGS and Inventory, Distribution costing, Variance reporting, Balance sheet separation (Working and invested capital calculations)
- Logistics and production general expenses control-analyse actual expenditure vs plan. Ensure correct absorption of costs into manufactured products
- Production process analysis-actual throughput vs planned production volumes, variance analysis
Education and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor commerce or related qualification (Accounting, Management Accounting, Economics).
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience within a mid to large company financial management role preferably FMCG
- Relevant experience in reporting, budgeting/forecasting and working capital management an advantage.
- Advanced SAP experience ideal.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Proactive, good communicator, with excellent analytical skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Ms Excel skills
Please log on to www.kimberly-ryan.net