Our client, a leading supplier of hardware and sanitary ware including building supplies, bathrooms and their accessories, cleaning equipment, electrical, power tools, generators, paints and decorative plasters among many other tools and equipment seeks to recruit a Techno Commercial Business Development Manager (Construction Chemicals).
The basic function of this role is to provide technical advice to prospective construction chemicals clients and drive construction chemicals sales (construction chemicals and decorative plasters).
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Increasing business opportunities for the company by developing and executing Business Development/Sales strategies that will enhance the company Strategy & Objectives, customer acquisition & retention, product development & delivery and support the smooth running of the company.
- Deliver target sales and growth targets in terms of sales value and numbers as well as prepare weekly and monthly reports/updates on position of sales targets achieved
- Prepare an execute-able, track-able and measurable sales plan for the target segment and deliver a marketing plan for the business
- Develop and sustain long-term relationships with clients, industry professionals, architects, QS, Consultants, developers and other decision influencers to keep up to date with upcoming projects and industry developments
- Acquire knowledge regarding new and emerging market trends in the building and construction industry as far as hiring and leasing of tools and equipment is concerned
- Ensure clients are well advised on product features, utility, usage etc based on their requirements
- Visiting construction sites to carryout needs assessment and propose construction chemicals/decorative plasters that would be suitably used
- Maintenance and improvement of quality results by following laid down product standards and recommending improved policies and procedures
- Constant up-date of product knowledge through study of new product lines and participating in educational opportunities and training
- Liaise with product applicators for samples to be done at sites as well as supervision of the actual application at various sites
- Provide technical information or technical clarifications on construction chemicals
- Minimum 4 years sales experience
- Should have engineering qualifications
- Must have relationship building experience
- Strong presentation skills of product in a structured & professional way