Java Software Developer / Business Analyst cum BDM
Mid-Level Management Position for Biometric / Identity Management Practice
Job location: Kenya
Candidate should have 4 years of Software development experience in Java, C, C++ & web application. Device level Programming/coding Knowledge.
Good at documentation – Making Proposals &Tenders. Knowledge on ADIC will be an advantage.
2- 3 years of experience in Presales & Business development .
Someone starting with a software development background at 4 years of experience in C/ C++ , web applications & JAVA – having this will primarily help in understanding the requirements and designing / architecting the right solution
Business development and/or Pre Sales experience – as the role will involve creating solutions, responding to RFX’s, developing collaterals, case studies etc.
Experience in biometrics filed will be an advantage – exposure to identity management / biometrics will be an advantage since the solution/s will be on identity management.
Engineering graduates or IT back ground.
Job also involves attending seminars and business development activities in terms of working with sales team in addressing the requirement and closure
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage, support, and supervise the business development department responsible for acquisition of new projects and project bids.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities. Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings.
- Proactively develops and improve products and services by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Set sales targets and define strategy to achieve these targets and to follow the set strategy punctually.
- Manage the proposal development process and maintain the time-lines for the proposal teams.
- Coordinate with sponsors concerning size, standards, conditions and timing of research.
- Support marketing activities, including trade/ scientific shows, mailings, etc. Initiate marketing strategies and coordinate actions to influence the market.
- Planning and preparing presentations.
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships. Communicating new product developments to prospective clients.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
Skills & Experience
- Overall 6+ experience in the industry with a minimum 2 years+ of experience in a Business Development Manager role.
- Qualifications: A graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or IT back ground.
- Proven IT Solutions & Services sales management experience, together with a good record of achieving targets.
- Experience of managing multiple customers across geographies.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, and both technical and non- technical, and the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals in a professional and service-oriented manner.
Note: CV’s to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org