TechnoServe (TNS) is a nonprofit international development organization founded in 1968. Its mission is to help entrepreneurial men and women break the cycle of poverty by building businesses that create jobs, income, and economic opportunities for their families, their communities, and their countries.
TechnoServe is seeking Dairy Value Chain Technical Director for the anticipated Kenya Agricultural Value Chain Enterprises Project – a five-year, $35-40 million USAID project under the U.S. government’s Feed the Future Initiative to help the Kenyan government improve the competitiveness of selected agricultural value chains.
The overall goal of the project will be to increase the productivity and incomes of smallholder farmers and other actors along the value chain, thereby enhancing food security and improving nutrition.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead Dairy Value Chain Strengthening activities.
- Provide leadership in value chain development, analysis and improve linkages among actors
- Facilitate market-led and private sector-led initiatives which lead to; improved dairy productivity, increased access to services for smallholder farmers and actors, improved enabling environment, increased adoption of technology, and increased household incomes and nutrition.
- Lead the strengthening and capacity building of smallholder enterprises/associations/local organizations to ensure sustainable development of the dairy value chain.
- Initiate and strengthen dairy private public partnerships (PPPs)
- Play a lead role interacting with key implementing actors, government and other development partners.
Minimum qualifications and skills:
- Master’s Degree in a field relevant to agricultural development such as: agricultural economics, marketing, agribusiness management or related fields.
- 10 years’ international/regional experience with successful value chain development projects in the technical area of management responsibility.
- 10 years’ experience on projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Demonstrated success in implementing projects aimed at increasing the competitiveness and inclusiveness of value chains using facilitation approaches.
- Strong background in gender integration and women empowerment.
- Market linkage experience.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in English.
Please submit your application (by email only) to email@example.com with the position title placed in the subject line.
(1) cover letter describing your interest,
(2) curriculum vitae,
(3) salary history, and
(4) telephone contacts of three referees (former supervisors).
Please include all requirements in one document.
Applications will be treated confidentially.
Deadline for applications is 2nd July 2012.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
TechnoServe is an equal opportunity employer.