Technical Expert – Monitoring & Evaluation
Smallholder Poultry Agribusiness Development Program (SPADE)
TechnoServe (TNS) is a nonprofit international development organization founded in 1968.
Its mission is to help entrepreneurial men and women break the cycle of poverty by building businesses that create jobs, income, and economic opportunities for their families, their communities, and their countries www.tns.org.
TechnoServe has commenced the implementation of a Smallholder Poultry Agribusiness Development (SPADE) program in Western Kenya and Nyanza.
This program aims to sustainably improve the livelihoods of 10,000 smallholder poultry producers of indigenous chickens, and in doing so help 50,450 individuals improve their livelihood.
Provide strategic leadership expertise in the M&E components of the program.
The M&E will work closely with the Business Advisors, Senior Business Advisors and the management.
S/he will be responsible for enabling evidence-based decision-making processes by project leadership, maintenance of SPADE M&E systems, and effective implementation of SPADE M&E activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
M&E Systems and Processes:
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating program performance in accordance with the logical framework and reporting requirements; Work with Program Manager to integrate M&E data into program planning and decision-making processes;
- Work with project team members to collect and analyze information from M&E systems for use throughout project lifecycle; ensuring quality control and identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E activities;
- Ensure timely completion of major M&E deliverables, regular periodic analysis of data to identify and communicate lessons-learned, and regular periodic presentation of data and analyses to project management;
- Support the production of narrative reports; Review, monitor, and analyze reports for impact evaluation;
- Help to identify the cause of potential bottlenecks in implementation;
- Contribute to determining the effectiveness of technical training packages.
- Degree in business, economics, statistics or international development-related studies plus 5 years of experience providing leadership in an M&E function.
- Hands on experience with M&E methods and approaches, including designing, planning, and implementing M&E systems, analyzing and reporting using a logical framework and other strategic planning approaches;
- Ability to identify and measure social indicators is critical;
- Excellent information analysis and report writing with fluency in English and Kiswahili;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills a must;
- Western and or Nyanza Kenyan work experience with communities is an added advantage.
Please submit your application (by email only) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title placed in the subject line. Please include
- cover letter describing your interest,
- curriculum vitae,
- salary history, and
- telephone and email contacts of three professional referees.
Please include all requirements in one document. Deadline for applications is 6th July 2012.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.