Total Kenya Limited, a leading multinational Petroleum Company with operations spread all over Kenya is seeking to recruit performance driven Safety Manager to fill an existing vacancy.
Key Role: – Engage in extensive consultations across the organization on all matters relating to safety in the business chain and implementation of behavior based safety management system to ensure a collective safety culture.
Reporting to the HSEQ Manager, the successful candidate’s principal accountabilities will include:
- Implementing relevant HSE Policies, standards, contingency plans and procedures in the network and non-coastal depots.
- Conducting risk assessment for new projects and on-going processes to mitigate against occupational loss.
- Conducting safety audits in line with TKL’s, the Group’s and legal requirements.
- Promoting the level of HSE awareness among TKL staff, service stations, transporters, contractors and consumer customers through continuous training,
- Attending to emergencies within TKL operations promptly and systematically in order to save lives, minimize pollution and material damage.
- Preparation and follow—up on the implementation of ISSSRS in the Depots.
- Analyzing accidents and high potential near-misses and applying the preventative actions in the specific site or process and globally in the Company.
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Occupational Hygiene.
- Professional qualification in risk management and occupational safety.
- At least 5 years working experience in relevant areas including risk management and occupational safety.
- Good knowledge of occupational safety and environmental regulation in Kenya
- Good analytical, presentation, report writing and communication skills,
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your application and detailed CV online on our website (www.total.co.ke) on or before 4th July, 2012, Total Kenya Limited is an equal opportunity employer,