UAP Insurance Uganda
Our client, UAP Holdings Limited (UAP) is a pan-African Financial Services Group with interests in Insurance, Investment Management, Property Investments, Property Development, Securities Brokerage and Financial Advisory.
Currently, UAP has over eight businesses operating in Kenya, Uganda and South Sudan which are market leaders in their respective fields.
The Group will be launching operations in selected markets ¡n Africa as part of its vision to be the most innovative pan-African Insurance and Financial Services Group.
In order to execute its ambitious growth and expansion strategy, UAP is seeking to recruit a visionary and results driven individual to fill the position of Managing Director for UAP Insurance Uganda, a fully owned subsidiary of UAP Holdings Limited.
UAP Insurance Uganda Limited is a leading insurance and financial services provider in Uganda.
The Company provides an innovative product mix of all classes of insurance, including life, medical and general insurance.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors and the Group Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership in the development, execution and achievement of the company’s strategic plans;
- Implementing the board’s business development and financial performance decisions;
- Identifying new markets and opportunities for business expansion;
- Overseeing the development of innovative products for new and existing clients;
- Implementation of efficient and effective business processes to drive high levels of operations;
- Ensuring prudent financial management and due care of the company’s assets and liabilities;
- Developing and managing a strong and effective Management team;
- Building effective relationships with the board, regulators and other key stakeholders;
- Enforcing a culture of regulatory compliance and good corporate governance; and
- Maintaining a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees.
- A Bachelors degree in Business, Economics or other relevant field from a recognized institution;
- A Masters degree in Business Administration or related field;
- An Advanced Diploma in Insurance (ACII), qualified Accountant or other relevant professional qualification;
- A team leader with 10 years relevant senior management experience;
- Excellent business acumen and awareness of the external environment;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills and
- Proven intellectual leadership in developing people and managing performance.
If you believe your career objectives match this challenging and exciting role, please forward your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration, names and contact details of three referees quoting the reference number UAP/MDUG/06.12 by 22 June 2012 to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way