The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi—autonomous body established by an Act of Parliament (1998) to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS).
The Bureau’s core business includes among others the Production, Coordination and Dissemination of official statistics to support the national and local government planning processes.
The Bureau is seeking to recruit a self-motivated, results-oriented, qualified and dynamic Ugandan of proven integrity to fill the position of Executive Director who is the Chief Executive of the Bureau.
Reports To: Board of Directors
Type of Appointment: Contract Appointment of 4 years renew able once.
Role: To provide technical, professional and managerial guidance in the production and development of statistics in line with the NSS.
Key result Areas:
The roles of Executive Director will include the following:
- Manage all the technical operations of the Bureau with regard to planning, production and coordination both at the planning and administrative level in formulation of programmes for statistical production and development;
- Coordinate the Bureau and the National Statistical System;
- Sit on the Board of Directors and be responsible for informing the board on the levels of implementation of Bureau policies;
- Prepare the Bureau’s Budget and be responsible for the Management of and Accountability for all resources of the Bureau;
- Prepare and write reports to be presented to the Minister on a quarterly basis;
- Represent the Bureau both at National and International fora;
- Oversee the Public Relations function of the Bureau and be responsible for promotion of the corporate image of the Bureau; and
- Undertake any other duties as the Board of Directors and/or Secretary to the Treasury may determine
- Must possess an honours degree and post-graduate training in Statistics, Economics with Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Mathematics with Economics, Population Studies or other related field from recognised institution.
- Possession of a PhD in a relevant field will be an added ad vantage Experience:
- Fifteen (15) years professional working experience with at least 6 years at a senior managerial level in a Government Department or Reputable Agency in the field of Statistical production and Policy Analysis;
- Knowledge and exposure to Financial Management and Budgeting Tools;
- Adequate exposure in interfacing with Accounting Officers of the MDAs and Higher Local Governments; and
- Demonstrated ability / experience of networking with other institutions.
- Sound knowledge and appreciation of statistical computing techniques and computer applications.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relations.
- Should at least be 45 Years Old.
- Salary and Fringe Benefits:
An all- inclusive commensurate package shall be paid to the most suitable candidate.
Interested eligible applicants should submit their applications accompanied by academic transcripts, testimonials and CVs including full postal / e-mail address, telephone numbers, indicating the names and contact addresses of three referees to:
The Chairman, Board of Directors,
Uganda Bureau of Statistics
Statistics House — Floor 8, Room 8.1
Plot 9 Colville Street
P. 0. Box 7186
so as to reach him not later than 5.00 pm, 29th June, 2012.
Uganda bureau of statistics is an all-equal Employment opportunity organisation.
Female aspirants with the required qualifications are, therefore, encouraged to apply.
This advertisement supercedes all earlier
Notices. However, candidates who responded
To the earlier ones need not re-apply.