UNDP Kenya wishes to advertise the position of a programme officer on behalf of UN Women.
Post Title: Programme Officer
Contract Type: Service Contract
Deputy Regional Programme Director
Duration: One year.
Date of Issue: 8 June 2012
Closing Date: 15 June 2012
The UN Women (UNW), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, the UNW will lead and coordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world.
The Regional Programme Officer will act as an advisor to Senior Management on all aspects of Sub-Regional Office (SRO) Programmes, oversees the programme portfolio for all Country offices in the Region.
The main role is to manage regional programmes including continued monitoring of implementation.
The Regional Programme Officer leads the programme team in strategic planning and identifies new programme areas while ensuring consistency with UNDAF/CPD priorities and creative responses to emerging challenges and opportunities.
In this context, the role of the Regional Programme Officer is key to ensuring relevance and synergy of the regional programmes as well as synergy of programmes across country level.
The Regional Programme Officer works in close collaboration with the Management, Programmes and Operations teams in the SRO, Programme staff in other UN Agencies, UN Women HQs staff and Government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society to successfully implement the UN Women programme in the Region.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- 7 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems. The full terms of reference for the position can be accessed on the UNDP Kenya e-Recruitment portal on the UNDP Kenya website – http://www.ke.undp.org.
Interested and qualified persons can access and should apply on the UNDP Kenya e-Recruitment portal
located on the UNDP Kenya website – http://www.ke.undp.org – on or before 15 June 2012.
Select “e-Recruitment Portal” under “Operations/Human Resources”.
Applicants are required to fill and sign a Personal History Form (P11) Form and submit it together with their online application Applications received via other means will not be accepted.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- UNDP will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
“UNDP is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing