Position: General Manager – Engineering and Strategy
- Planning for long term and short term programmes in water supply and sewerage systems including feasibility studies.
- Overall responsibility of management of projects including planning and design of water supply and sewerage systems and other relevant engineering projects.
- Identify clear criteria for identification and prioritization of projects.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership in the technical division to ensure provision of high quality services.
- Support engineers in ensuring quality and timely responses to requests, in compliance with standards and procedures.
- Steer the development of departmental policies, procedures and action plans in line with the company mission and objectives.
- Ensure that technical audits are carried out on time and remedial action taken.
- Oversee operation of comprehensive departmental reports and budgets to the Managing Director to facilitate decision-making.
- Manpower planning for the division; making recommendation for recruitment, deployment and promotion.
- Training and development of the technical staff including engineers, technicians and artisans.
- Ensure that all water and sewerage services infrastructure is operated and maintained to the required standards.
- Advice the company on the acquisition of capital assets and on all technical matters.
- Provide technical expertise and advice in the acquisition of contractors and consultants for major works.
- Provide overall supervision of major works.
- Participate in setting performance targets for technical staff in the company.
- Oversee the planning and co-ordination of quality, maintenance and engineering (capacity works) related issues.
- Ensure good quality of water to customers and produce reports in a timely manner.
- Any other duty assigned by the MD, BoD or Committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or its equivalent;
- Must be registered by the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
- 5 years experience with at least 3 years in a senior management position;
- Traceable experience in implementing corporate strategy in a dynamic environment.
- Should posses excellent interpersonal communication skills and experience in dealing with donor agencies;
- Should posses sound and excellent business development knowledge and skills gained preferably in the water sector or in a busy and dynamic organization
- Must have excellent understanding of the Kenyan water reforms
- Must be able to lead a team in a dynamic work environment;
- Posses relevant computer application skills;
- Posses leadership qualities and be a team player with a high degree of integrity and ability to relate across different professional functions and situations;
- Be a team player and uphold collective responsibility;
- Be able to drive change in a dynamic environment.
Candidates who meet the above specifications and have the drive to join a highly motivated work team, should submit their applications with a detailed CV giving three (3) names of referees, attach copies of Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance Certificate and KRA Tax Compliance Certificate.
Provide a reliable telephone and e-mail contact of self and referees, clearly quoting the reference numbers to reach us on or before Monday 16th July 2012 addressed to
P.O. Box 49010 – 00100,