Position: Managing Director
Key Result Area / Principle Accountabilities and Duties
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the Company’s strategic plans to enhance profitability and shareholder value.
- Ensure the business promotion is carried out as per developed and formulated plans so as to attain planned rate of return of assets.
- Ensure effective mobilization and utilization of resources.
- Advise the board on the Company’s performance.
- Cultivate and encourage a productivity culture of results in the Company.
- Establish, direct and manage the Company’s managerial, financial and operational systems, procedures and controls to ensure that they are professional, workable and sustainable.
- Provide strategic direction on new investments, business opportunities and change initiatives.
- Nurture the organization’s human resource and ensure that appropriate management structures and policies are developed and implemented.
- Provide relationship management and networking with local and global business partners and stakeholders.
- Promote sound corporate governance and ethical standards.
- Provide proactive public relations and enhance the Company’s corporate image.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Management or Law from a recognized university;
- Must have a relevant Masters degree from a recognized University;
- Be a member of a professional body in the relevant professional field;
- 8 years traceable experience and knowledge of corporate governance, 5 years of which must be at senior management level and three (3 years) in Utility Management;
- Proven change management credentials.
- Must demonstrate team management, excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills;
- Have a clear understanding of the Vision and Mission of the company and ability to translate the company’s activities and plans in realization of the same;
- Ability to provide sound leadership in managing a diverse workforce;
- Must be a person of high integrity;
- Excellent knowledge in computer operating packages;
- Active participation at community level;
- Demonstrate experience in driving change and initiate growth in an organization;
- Ability to lead a team in a dynamic environment.
Candidates who meet the above specifications and have the drive to join a highly motivated work team, should submit their applications with a detailed CV giving three (3) names of referees, attach copies of Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance Certificate and KRA Tax Compliance Certificate.
Provide a reliable telephone and e-mail contact of self and referees, clearly quoting the reference numbers to reach us on or before Monday 16th July 2012 addressed to
P.O. Box 49010 – 00100,