We seek a vibrant, creative, articulate, smart-working individual to work as our Accountant to be based at the Centre in Bamburi, Mombasa.
Reporting to The Finance and Administration Manager, the Accountant shall:
- help in managing Wema’s financial performance and the assets of the organization.
- be responsible for the smooth and efficient running and management of the accounting functions and has supervisory responsibilities over related functions such as stores and security
- Ensure posting of all proper entries leading to correct final accounting position and producing year-end accounts.
- Maintain all books of accounts and doing monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in specific donor grants budget preparation, monitoring and reporting Daily cash management
- Prepare all necessary documents for payment purposes
- Assist in preparing overall budget reports, accounts analysis and budget monitoring.
- Manage Inventory and Fixed Assets and maintenance of relevant records.
- Ensure timely payment of all statutory deductions Assist in management of staff records and attending to relevant personnel matters including leave, pay-slips and SACCO issues.
- Provide regular reports to the management on accounts, bank position and other relevant activities;
- Prepare periodic annual, quarterly or monthly reports to management as required.
- General Administration Implement management financial and information systems for effective control over all programs
- ensure that professional administrative systems and procedures are followed and maintained.
- Supervise and develop efficient management of assets and stores and train relevant staff accordingly
- Supervise security personnel and ensure all Wema assets are maintained in good order and condition.
All applications should be titled “Wema Centre – Accountant”.