The Wrigley Company East Africa, a local Subsidiary of Mars Incorporated, a leader in the global confectionery industry and the world’s largest manufacturer of chewing and bubble gum seeks to recruit a Payables Accountant.
Reporting to: Finance Manager, East Africa
Job Purpose Statement
Responsible for providing financial and administrative support through processing of accounts payables transactions in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
- Responsible for capturing vendor invoices in the SAP system.
- Responsible for reconciliation and clearing of vendor accounts.
- Filing of VAT returns to Kenya Revenue Authority as per the due dates.
- Maintenance of general ledger reconciliation for payroll accounts.
- Liaise with supply chain and others to make sure that services are obtained for payments made in advance.
- Update weekly cash flow on share point as per the global deadline.
- Understand use, structure and relationship of SAP R/3, SAP BW and other financial systems as appropriate.
- A Bachelor’s degree in commerce (preferable).
- CPA II.
- Have at least two years experience in a FMCG company.
- Have excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- A proactive and results oriented individual.
- Good computer knowledge on Ms Excel, word office, SAP among others.
Functional Area: Finance.
If you believe you fit into the above profile, please send your full curriculum vitae with details of your qualifications, experience, present position, day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and addresses of three referees to E-mail: email@example.com to reach us not later than Wednesday 4th July, 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.