Our client, one of the largest insurance groups in the region, with well-established insurance operations in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania is seeking to recruit an Assistant Communication Manager.
The successful candidate will play a vital role in assisting the Communications and Corporate Affairs Manager to run the department’s daily functions.
- Act as the main point of contact for enquiries to the department and play a role in adequately responding to internal and external queries.
- Contribute to the development and driving of a comprehensive communication plan in concert with the mission and business goals of the company.
- Assist in the development, implementation and management of an effective internal communication plan.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of company public relations plans to create a positive public interest among all stakeholders as well as manage corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Assist in managing the company’s website and other electronic communication.
- Play a part in establishing and managing strategic public relations plans play a role in protecting and enhancing the company’s public reputation; ensuring the quality and integrity of messages presented in corporate publications.
- Assist in maintaining close and mutual contacts with media houses and the planning of collaborative initiatives including publication of media releases.
- Assist in developing media strategy and integrating it with the overall brand development plans; managing external agencies to execute the plan.
- Contribute to identifying unique brand and product opportunities; driving creation of defendable and compelling positioning based on analysis and understanding of consumer needs.
- Play a role in generating reports on market and consumer trends.
- Contribute to monitoring competitor trade and activities and proposing counter activities for major threats.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
- At least three years’ experience in communication, marketing or related experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to draft or co-ordinate production of press releases, power point presentations, company publications and other public communication.
- Capable of working with minimum supervision, able to manage time and meet tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter, critical thinker and problems solving skills.
- Familiarity with managing social media networks will be an added advantage.