About Bridge International Academies
Bridge International Academies is a for-profit startup company revolutionizing education across Africa with a unique business model. The company runs a large-scale network of low-cost primary schools in Kenya that significantly outperform other primary schools.
Job Purpose: To be involved in digitization of buildings in neighbourhoods and creating neighbourhood catchment maps.
Responsibilities (Functions and duties)
- Digitization of buildings in neighborhoods where research is being conducted
- Train research associates in the use of GPS devices for data collection
- With guidance from the GIS officer, be involved in the analysis and interpretation of spatial data
- Link the field research data with mapping systems
- Be involved in digitization of buildings and the determination of area under buildings in the areas where is being done
- Assist members of the research team in finding information GIS systems.
- Find and fix errors in our GIS system based on information from the maps and/or the pipeline
- Be involved in Providing GIS feedback to the research department on an ongoing basis, so they can make better decisions
- Export maps and data from the GIS system into reports for members of the research team
Experience: At least 1 year experience in digitization and working with GIS systems
Diploma Degree in Geomatic Engineering
Specialist knowledge required:
- Familiarity with GIS software such as ARCGIS, QGIS and Global Mapper
- Knowledge and experience in analysis and interpretation of spatial data
- Ability to identify and resolve potential or current problems with GIS systems and spatial data
- An independent critical thinker able to match research needs to spatial data
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work with a team
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work and meet set deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
Please DO NOT APPLY if you are not available immediately for a temporary contract.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted