Business Development Manager
We are a film and media company in Nairobi who deal with Documentaries, Corporate videos, TV Commercials, Event video coverage etc.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and driven business development manager with proven track record in delivering new business sales of production services within the film and TV industries, alongside demonstrable success in managing key client relationships.
We are looking for candidates who have a Degree/ Diploma in the Marketing/Sales with solid experience in the film, TV industry.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and experienced sales professional with a deep understanding of the video production & TV commercials industry.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients within advertising, broadcasting, TV and film sectors. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince these organizations to do business with the company.
- Will be involved in the marketing and sourcing for new business/ funding opportunities and turn this into increased business to achieve set sales targets.
- Presenting the company to potential clients through direct communication in face-to-face meetings, telephone calls and emails.
- Identifying, driving and developing new business opportunities and exploring future revenue generating opportunities.
- To be responsible for developing an on-going outbound sales strategy.
- Responsible for your own lead generation and appointment setting.
- Actively manage the sales process and handover to the pre-production team.
- Have the drive and motivation to ensure all sales opportunities are explored.
- Experienced in the video production and television advertising industries, with a deep understanding of how such a business works, what makes clients tick.
- Support in the preparation of draft budgets.
- Will originate and pitch creative TV/ Film video concepts for funding.
- Build and develop a network of key business contacts in the TV and Film production industries.
- Be a driven and self-motivated sales professional with a proven track record of successfully winning new business and building relationships with clients.
- Be confident and charismatic
- Have at least 3 years experience in a sales & relationship building role, have a strong understanding of the media production market.
- Have excellent proposal writing skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- The ability to liaise and negotiate effectively.
- Organized and strong multi-tasker.
- A confident communicator both verbally and in writing.
- You live and breathe social media
A gross salary of Kshs 20 – 25,000 and attractive commissions will be offered based on performance.
Please send your CV, letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th July 2012.