- Challenges and goals: In order to ensure continuity of mid and long terms actions of Handicap International Activities, you will: – be in charge of ensuring resumption of development activities of the organization – responsible for human resource management in Dadaab, including re-build confidence and communication between people – participate to the continuum process with the exit strategy of emergency team – contribute to the confirmation/adjustment of a mid-long term strategy in link with the context evolution.
- Activities: – project management and activities implementation – team management and coordination – reporting – administration and logistics
- Project Management studies (handling of project cycle, monitoring and evaluation, coordination with the different support team members, etc…)
- At least 3 years as a Project Manager ideally in unsecure context with an experience on projects related to Protection, provision of social services, and rehabilitation/disability related projects.
- Strong experience of management (intercultural and multidisciplinary teams)
- Good organizational skills / capacity to prioritize
- Ability to live in difficult conditions (major security constraints, common compound with all staff, restricted movements and limited access to medical facilities).
- Dynamism, high level of motivation
- Capacity to work under pressure and in humanitarian crisis situations
- Good capacity to interact with variety of local stakeholders (teams members, host communities, refugees, etc…)
- Physiotherapist or occupational therapist or social worker, Humanitarian Emergency or Development studies degree or similar University degree Social/Psychosocial or related field
- Knowledge and/or experiences related to Protection issues, Vulnerabilities, disability and Emergency, Psychosocial support, Physical Rehabilitation.
- Experience in developing and implementing trainings
If you feel you are the right candidate, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV including 3 (three) referees with their current contacts by email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster.
Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
The rehabilitation project in Dadaab aims to provide and secure tangible and measurable improvement of independency in activities of daily living and quality of life of refugees living with physical impairment or disability.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.