Business Development Manager
Industry: Oil and Gas
An interesting position of a Business Development Executive has risen with one of our Clients, a collection of business units with a focus on energy infrastructure around the world with a number of product lines including welding equipment, consumables and accessories, insulating materials for petrochemical facilities, cutting equipment and orbital welding for pipes and tubes among others.
The successful candidate will be responsible for tracking all client projects using DMS and also update the management on market intelligence received from customers.
The individual will also be marketing and selling all oil and gas products including insulation, welding and cutting among others
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Market and Sell all Oil and Gas product range- Insulation, welding and cutting
- Prepare quotations and follow up on quotations submitted. Work closely with different business unit sales teams to quote and negotiate orders.
- Track all projects using DMS or other database and also update based on market intelligence received from customers
- Live the client tool box and also understand Variable Margins and how to improve.
- Specification calls to Owners and Engineers- identify key decision makers and give technical presentations on client’s Oil and Gas products and services.
- Visit customers within Sub Sahara Africa and submit reports to theseniorManagement on sales activity on a weekly basis.
- Market analysis as required by management based on trends in the market.
- Develop relationships at General Contractor level to get details on project status etc and update the database. Personal visits will be required.
- Manage the daily operations of the office and also help logistically when client Units come to visit and Support the units as needed.
- Identify top owner, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), and General contractors in Africa and build detailed profiles on each of them including but not limited to.
- Capex on Oil and Gas opportunities
- Partnerships with foreign National Oil Companies (NOC),Exploration and Production (E&P) etc.
- Projects and time lines
- Analyze Annual Reports and validate the research
- Key contacts within the organization.
Qualifications and Competences
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or marketing
- Should have 3-5 years sales and marketing experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Advanced skills in Excel, Power Point and MS Access or similar database program
- Curious and investigative nature with ability to travel on short notice and work amongst different time zones.
- English and Swahili proficiency should be advanced in both oral and written
- Portuguese or French is a plus
- Ability to use LinkedIn to develop relationships and be part of forums
- Should be able to work independently with limited guidance- On the job training
To apply, send your CV ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org Monday 9thJuly 2012.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.